We want our company to be one where professionalism thrives and where hardworking individuals inspire each other to do better. Our focus is patient care, and every decision taken by one of our people should seek to improve patient outcomes and the quality of care given to our patients.
We listen and learn from our peers and encourage differences of opinion, which ultimately makes our thinking smarter. We are generous and open, supportive of one another and, together, are creating an enjoyable and rewarding place to be. If you think you fit the above description and would like to form part of our team, please forward a CV together with a covering letter to our Human Resources Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dietitian - Karin Grech Hospital
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations. Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Registered Dietitian to join our dynamic health care team at Karin Grech Hospital. The selected candidate would form part of a multidisciplinary team of professionals working to improve the effectiveness of service delivery. The candidate will be required to nutritionally assess, diagnose and plan a nutritional care plan for the referred clients, both at inpatients and outpatients basis.
Selected candidate should be able to communicate fluently in both Maltese and English. Candidates who have not yet formally obtained their qualifications and registration but are on course of completing their studies will still be considered. Otherwise, candidates should be registered with the Council for the Professions Complementary to Medicine (CPCM) as a Dietitian.
Duties and responsibilities shall include:
• Approving menus and nutritional supplements provided to patients;
• Assessing patients’ nutritional status according to established standards;
• Obtaining necessary information from the medical record to determine patient’s nutritional status;
• Developing nutritional care plans based on the cultural orientation of the patient as long as this promotes health;
• Evaluating the results of nutritional intervention on the patient’s nutritional status to determine the need to revise the nutritional care plan;
• Improving patient’s nutritional status by consulting with physician on appropriate nutritional interventions;
• Developing and implementing patient nutrition care programs and ensures consistency of programs;
• Interacting professionally with patient/family. Providing nutritional teaching and counselling to patient/family in making desired changes in patient’s eating habits;
• Performing all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors;
• Supporting and maintains a culture of safety and quality;
• Providing food-drug interrelationship information to physician;
• May eventually supervise Nutritional Services Technicians;
• Assisting in orienting and in-servicing new employees to department;
• Developing nutritional care plans for patients of any age including adolescent, geriatric and terminally ill patients;
• Maintaining a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments
• Other tasks as may be directed by the Head of Department Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietitian or his/her delegate.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, please contact the HR Department on: email@example.com by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
Pharmacy Technician - Karin Grech Hospital
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritises agility, resourcefulness and continuous improvement, Steward is recognised as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Pharmacy Technician to join our dynamic health care team at Karin Grech Hospital.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Head of Pharmacy and will contribute to the provision of pharmacy services within the hospital.
- The Pharmacy Technician shall assist in the provision of the pharmacy services within the hospital.
- The Pharmacy Technician shall promote and maintain good professional and ethical working relationships with his/her colleagues in the pharmacy and with other hospital health care workers.
- The Pharmacy Technician shall contribute towards the continued improvement of the pharmacy services within the hospital.
- The Pharmacy Technician shall be immediately responsible to the Senior Pharmacy Technician. However in respect of preparation, manufacture and dispensing of pharmaceuticals as provided for under the Medical and Kindred Professions Ordinance he/she shall be responsible and accountable to the pharmacist.
The duties of the Pharmacy Technician include:
• dispensing prescribed medications under pharmacist supervision
• upkeep of stores and ward top-up systems, i.e. ordering, receipt, supply and maintenance of pharmaceutical stock through proper turnover, stock taking, monitoring of expiry dates and storage conditions
• preparation of extemporaneous pharmaceuticals e.g. compounding of mixtures, suspensions, topical preparations ,etc
• procurement of pharmaceuticals , including monitoring of consumptions and ensuring adequate stocks at all times
• clerical duties related to the pharmacy services
any other duties according to the exigencies of the pharmacy services as directed by the Chief Executive Officer;
• making use of technology and informatics which may be in operation within the hospital
• manufacturing and repackaging of medications
• assisting in the supervision and training of non-technical support staff
The successful candidates must:
• be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Pharmacy Council of Malta
• be able to perform duties to a high and consistent level and meet deadlines under minimum supervision
• have a fine eye for detail
• be a team player and good communicator (verbal and written)
• be computer literate
• have a flexible and can-do attitude
Candidates who have not yet formally obtained their qualifications and therefore not yet registered as Pharmacy Technicians with the Pharmacy Council of Malta, will still be considered. If selected, such candidates must submit evidence that they have been approved for the award of the qualifications before appointment by end July 2019.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates may contact the HR Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for these positions is the 24th May 2019.