Assistant Head of Maintenance and Engineering - Karin Grech Hospital
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Full-time Assistant Head of Maintenance and Engineering to join our dynamic team at Karin Grech Hospital.
In this role you will be a responsible in supporting the management function of the hospital’s Engineering, Maintenance and Projects section whilst ensuring the upkeep of our infrastructure and assets. Together with the Head of Engineering and Maintenance, you will provide expert advise and ensure the provision of the best possible healthcare service in an efficient manner.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- The duties and responsibilities of the Building Service Engineer shall include:
- The management and control of the Engineering and Maintenance Department to agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets;
- To provide leadership, be a role model and provide direction to the Engineering and Maintenance team in the Saint Luke`s Campus;
- Working with the Head of Engineering and Maintenance in developing, performance standards, key performance indicators, SOPs, Forms and checklists;
- Monitoring KPIs;
- Provision of engineering expert advice;
- Develop and maintain Quality Control Functions on all services provided by the Department;
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure all operations are done in a traceable Manner;
- To manage projects in line with scope, time, cost, quality, risks and benefits;
- To be accountable for excellent service delivery within the Engineering and maintenance division ensuring continuous improvements are made;
- Ensures all operations are done in accordance to licensing requirements, insurance requirements and established Standards;
- Training and Managing staff and supervisors on relevant SOPs;
- Measures and Reports performance;
- Drafting and Management of 3rd party service, supplies and works contracts;
- Ensures operations are done in accordance to Health and Safety Requirements;
- Manages Waste in a safe and suitable manner in respect of standing regulations and the environment;
- Assisting the Head of Engineering and Maintenance in setting departmental goals and developing budgets and policies;
- Communicating orally and in writing with medical, administrative, managerial, as well as maintenance professionals. Developing written procedures and recommendations for administrative and manual personnel;
- Responsible for ensuring 3rd party service provider compliance with contract requirements;
- To review and approve contractor submittals, resolve issues arising and ensure compliance with contract requirements;
- Coordinating functions with other departments;
- To deliver a consistent level of service across site, within the Company's standards, to the contract specification and agreed KPIs, qualitative and financial targets;
- Comply with Company and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and Hazardous Substances;
- Oversee day to day running of Engineering and Maintenance;
- Continued improvement across all aspects of Engineering and Maintenance through innovation and efficiencies;
- Development of staff capabilities and team work;
- Ensure 3rd party contracts are being delivered in a cost-effective way;
- Reporting on SLAs and delivering action plans to ensure that SLAs are met/exceeded;
- Development of an Engineering and Maintenance improvement plan;
- Compliance to Environmental, Health & Safety requirements;
- Introduces and Manages a Risk based approach to functions and services provided by the department;
- Awareness of any specific hazards at work place and training of staff;
- Carrying out any other duties according to exigencies as directed by the Director Facilities Management.
The selected candidate should:
- Be in possession of a Degree at MQRIC Level 6 or higher in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services.
- Minimum of two years’ experience practicing as a professional engineer.
- In possession of the engineering warrant.
- Possess strong management, planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Apply the relevant codes and standards related to the health environment, safety, and performance assurance activities.
- Be a good communicator (verbal and written)
- Be a strong team player and able to work on own initiative and without supervision
- Have a flexible and can-do attitude
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: email@example.com by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is the 24th September, 2021.