Assistant Operative - GGH
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Full time Assistant Operative to join our dynamic health care team at Gozo General Hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, wards, parking lots and outdoor recreation spaces
- Repairing and maintenance of plastering, painting, furniture, replacement of neon tubes/bulbs, replacement/repairing of windows/glass panes, replacing/repairing flush pumps, flexible, , connectors, door locks, bottle traps, laying soft stone passages, cleaning of drains, repairs on membrane.
- Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace.
- Collaborating with building owners and upper management on budgeting for facilities needs.
- Basic plumbing, electrical, locks and masonry work.
- Gardening (i.e. maintenance and landscaping of indoor and outdoor plants).
- Distributing and picking up of packages and documents for/from institutions, businesses, government agencies, and individuals both in Gozo and Malta.
- Liaising with other upper management and mechanical colleagues in order to facilitate work.
- Performing any other duties as may be required according to the exigencies of the company including in other Steward Health Care sites, as indicated by the Management of the Company.
The selected candidate should have:
- MQF level 4 or higher in facilities management, engineering or similar.
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other building systems.
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of mechanical and engineering principles.
- Knowledge of mathematics and physics.
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
Work experience and knowledge:
- 1+ years in a maintenance technician position or similar would be considered an asset.
Physical Requirements/Working conditions:
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions.
- Moderate noise level.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, crawl and climb for prolonged periods.
- Ability to push and pull and carry objects up to 30 kg.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is the 30th September, 2022.