Engineering and Inventory Coordinator - Karin Grech Hospital
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Full time Engineering and Inventory Coordinator to join our dynamic health care team at Karin Grech Hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Reporting directly to and assisting the Administration Manager FM.
- Managing, administering the Facility Management Software and shared folders ensuring that all such data is up to date and accurate.
- Managing, coordinating requests and documentation between Facility Management departments as well as other departments such as, invoices, procurement requisitions etc.
- Organise and keep record of relevant documentation for the department (e.g. project documentation & photos, invoices, budgetary records, contractor and in-house PPM/certification records, test results, utility records and costs), drafting and issuing of reports and generating quotes and invoices to third party entities.
- Oversee corrective and preventive maintenance work orders to ensure that work orders are closed within a timely manner and address discrepancies with Management.
- Draft and distribute monthly FM departmental reports
- Collecting and inputting data on PC as required (e.g. Utility Meter Readings, Daily test results etc..) with intention to draft charts and trend reports as required for management.
- Oversee the upkeeping of the room database, tagging of inventory, boarded out items and collecting all ancillary data on the Inventory Software System.
- Keep registers for service items such as lockers, keys, water dispensers etc.
- Managing and supervising other clerical staff.
- Scheduling meetings and recording meeting minutes.
- Coordinating day to day work requests with other departments.
- Process attendance documentation and leave requests and ensures that the required workforce is on duty.
- Performing department errands.
- Taking calls and registering respective requests.
- Keeping inventory and all ancillary data of all assets at the hospital, registering new inventory, manage inventory movements and perform annual audits to confirm inventory correctness.
- Administer soft facility management services such as locker allocation, key allocation, wayfinding signage, room identification, boarding out, parking permits, ID tags and other such services.
- Update plans to reflect building changes
- Following established SOPs and advice clients on internal procedures.
- Ensuring that all processes are performed in line with company and statutory policies, standard operating procedures and health and safety regulations.
- Keeping abreast with relevant changes in standards, best practices and applicable regulations.
- Performing any other duties according to exigencies and as directed by the Director of Facilities Management.
The selected candidate should have:
- MQF Level 4 or higher in mechanical systems of engineering or similar.
- Knowledge of raw materials, tools, machines, relevant softwares and techniques related to building/construction services.
- Knowledge of building regulations.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
Work experience and knowledge:
- 2+ years in engineering, inventory or a similar position.
Physical Requirements/Working conditions:
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions.
- Moderate noise level.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, crawl and climb for prolonged periods.
- Ability to push and pull and carry objects up to 30 kg.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is 16th November, 2022.