Facilities Management Operative - Karin Grech Hospital
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a full time Facilities Management Operative to join our dynamic health care team at Karin Grech Hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Repair and maintenance of building fabric through plastering, painting, tile laying, masonry, false ceiling, gypsum works and membrane. Clearing of rainwater and black water drainage systems.
- Performing general handyman work such as general repairs of furniture, replacement of neon tubes/bulbs, replacement/repairing of windows/glass panes, replacing/repairing flush pumps, flexible connectors, door locks, bottle traps and other general maintenance items.
- Handling of bulky items, support in office moves and the setting up of temporary or permanent spaces.
- Reporting any faults to the Shift Supervisors and/or Maintenance Manager.
- Support and assist the maintenance team when needed on plumbing, electrical, mechanical and carpentry jobs.
- Gardening and landscaping of indoor and outdoor plants as needed.
- Liaising with management and colleagues in order to facilitate work.
- Participating in educational and training activities as required by the assigned departments/organisation.
- Performing any further tasks as may be assigned from time to time by senior management and in line with the exigencies of the service.
The selected candidate should have:
- MQF level 4 or equivalent in civil works or similar.
- Mechanical skills and knowledge of building systems.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
Work experience and knowledge:
- 1+ years in a maintenance position or similar would be considered an asset.
Physical Requirements/Working conditions:
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions.
- Moderate noise level.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, crawl and climb for prolonged periods.
- Ability to push, pull and carry objects.
- Able to work at heights and climb a ladder.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is 31st January 2023.