Full-time Head of Medical Engineering
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Full-time Head of Medical Engineering to join our dynamic teams across Steward Malta Campuses in Malta and Gozo.
The chosen candidate shall provide leadership and direction in the management of medical equipment and medical engineering infrastructure, ensuring that the department operations are aligned with Steward Malta policies, applicable norms, directives and licensing requirements.
The selected candidate shall:
- Ensure that proper medical equipment is available to the clinicians and medical professionals when required;
- Ensure that the medical equipment is maintained to licensing requirements, statutory requirements, applicable standards and insurance requirements;
- Ensure that the Company’s documentation and administration procedures are carried out in accordance to company policies;
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels agreed;
- Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with your line manager;
- Develops and ensures compliance with all relevant SOPs and to complete routine audits at an appropriate frequency;
- Deliver consistent and improved quality of Service;
- To provide leadership, be a role model and provide direction to the delivery teams within the Medical engineering teams.
- Holder of Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Engineering;
- Must have excellent people skills and business knowledge that enable him/her to participate in budgeting, cost accounting, personnel management, including behavioural counselling, job description development and interviewing for hiring or staff evaluation;
- Must have skills in training others that enable him/her to prepare and conduct training courses for technicians and users and to design relevant training materials;
- Proven strategic thinker with ability to facilitate change where necessary.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is the 19th March, 2021.