HR Business Partner
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting an HR Business Partner to join our dynamic health care team at Steward Healthcare Malta.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Acting as point of reference/advisor to the Hospitals and individual employees on the whole range of day-to-day HR issues and being responsible for staff development and well-being.
- Developing, promoting and embedding the HR vision, policies and processes (including detailed SOPs) across the organisation through proactive interaction with the hospital leaders.
- Representing the HR Function through excellent customer service, operational effectiveness and efficiency and ensuring that set KPIs are achieved in a timely manner.
- Supporting the HR Director in the efficient and effective day-to-day management of the Human Resources Department.
- Building and maintaining relationships with hospital managers to identify opportunities for improvements (e.g. Training and Development, Performance Management, Remuneration Plans and Reward & Recognition Schemes).
- Participating in and/or leading the employee recruitment process, including the development of Job descriptions, adverts and the management of recruitment agencies and/or head hunters.
- Monitoring the resourcing plan of the individual hospitals, identifying issues and ensuring any remedial action is effectively implemented.
- Actively participating in and leading the implementation of business changes and initiatives that have an impact on employees ensuring adherence to legal and contractual obligations and that colleagues are treated with dignity and respect throughout.
- Together with the senior HR team members, maintaining oversight of the payroll and the outsourcing process of the same to ensure a successful transition and that necessary training is provided to all employees.
- Identifying HR reporting needs and implementing the HRIS and taking the lead during the implementation of such system.
- Being responsible for the people management of their team, including employee training and development, and performance management.
- Developing a good understanding of the HR related GDPR requirements and assisting the Head of HR in ensuring compliance throughout the hospitals.
- Keeping abreast with relevant changes in standards, best practices and applicable regulations.
- Ensuring that employees are competent to deliver safe, person-centred care, that meets legal requirements and up-to-date, high quality practice, and that while practicing a regulated profession under national legislation are in possession of the required documentation.
- Performing any further tasks as may be assigned from time to time by senior management and in line with the exigencies of the service.
The selected candidate should be in possession of the following:
- MQF level 6 or higher in human resources, business administration, management, social sciences, psychology or similar.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resource management.
- Strong knowledge of the industry or sector the organisation is operating in.
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
- 5+ years in a similar position.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is the 15th October, 2021