Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Full time HR Generalist to join our dynamic health care team at Karin Grech Hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting the HR Business Partner and acting as a point of reference/adviser to the Hospital employees and management team on the whole range of HR activities, and being responsible for staff development and well-being.
- Supporting the Performance Management Programme and provide guidance to management and employees as required.
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures for all internal HR processes including business continuity.
- Assisting the HR Business Partner on Employee Relations issues/activities including the formulation and implementation of Hospital related policies, disciplinary / grievance cases and industrial relations.
- Being in charge for the HR Administration (including but not limited to progressions, promotions, allowances and premiums, engagements and terminations, and retirements).
- Building and maintaining an excellent and trustworthy working relationship with the hospital’s management team.
- Supporting the HR Business Partner in the implementation of HR initiatives and changes including any implemented IT systems.
- Coordinating the analysis and compilation of statistical returns, reports and submissions.
- Keeping abreast of applicable Health sectoral agreements, government policies and EIRA.
- Representing the HR Function through excellent customer service, operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Being responsible for the people management of their team, including employee training and development, and performance management.
- Developing a good understanding of the HR related GDPR requirements and assisting in ensuring compliance throughout the hospitals.
- Keeping abreast with relevant changes in standards, best practices and applicable regulations.
- Liaising with the HR Business Partner/s in relation to the training coordination for all Steward Healthcare Hospital employees;
- Performing any further tasks as may be assigned from time to time by senior management and in line with the exigencies of the service.
The selected candidate should be in possession of the following:
- MQF level 5 or higher in human resources, business administration, management, social sciences or similar.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resource management.
- Strong knowledge of the industry or sector the organisation is operating in.
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
- 3+ years in a management position related to human resources or similar.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is the 15th October, 2021.