Human Resources Business Partner - Karin Grech Hospital
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Full time Human Resources Business Partner to join our dynamic health care team at Karin Grech Hospital (KGH).
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing and promoting HR policies and procedures across the hospital, through proactive interaction with the hospital leaders.
- Acting as a key team player with other HRBPs in the alignment of detailed HR SOPs for the hospital and Steward employees.
- Projecting a professional image of the HR Function through excellent customer service, operational effectiveness and efficiency and ensuring that set KPIs are achieved in a timely manner.
- To act as a point of reference / adviser to hospital managers on the whole range of HR activities and identifying opportunity for improvement.
- Overseeing all HR functions (including Data Management, Promotions and Progressions, Resourcing, Assessment & Selection, Learning & Development, family friendly measures and more) and leading the HR team within the hospital, ensuring that quality service is provided.
- Leading the employee recruitment process, including the development of job descriptions, issuing of GoM calls, Steward Health Care adverts and conducting interviews. This includes liaising with recruitment agencies, both international and local, and acting as a point of reference for selected foreign medical professionals.
- Maintaining a positive rapport with sub-contractors and acting as a point of reference for matters related to subcontracted employees, including recruitment, disciplinary action, planning and more.
- Leading the preparation of the hospital's HR plan in collaboration with Ministry for Health and all HODs.
- Preparing and submitting all reports related to the Labour Supply Agreement and ensuring they correctly reflect current hospital's headcounts.
- Monitoring the hospital's resourcing plan, identifying issues and ensuring any remedial action is effectively implemented.
- Actively participate in and lead the implementation of business changes and initiatives that have an impact on employees ensuring adherence to legal and contractual obligations and that colleagues are treated with dignity and respect throughout.
- Together with the senior HR team members, maintain oversight of the payroll and the outsourcing process of the same to ensure a successful transition and that necessary training is provided to all employees.
- Developing a good understanding of the HR related GDPR requirements and assist the Director of HR in ensuring compliance throughout the hospital.
- Overseeing grievance and disciplinary procedures and drafting disciplinary letters as necessary.
- Keeping abreast with and ensuring the implementation of all applicable sectoral agreements as well as applicable government policies, procedures, regulations and EIRA.
- Liaising with the Ministry for Health and ensuring all requested information is provided in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Director of HR in the efficient and effective day-to-day management of the Human Resources Department.
- Responsible for the people management of their team, including employee training and development, and performance management.
- Developing a good understanding of the HR related GDPR requirements and assisting the Head of HR in ensuring compliance throughout the hospitals.
- Keeping abreast with relevant changes in standards, best practices and applicable regulations.
- Performing any further tasks as may be assigned from time to time by senior management and in line with the exigencies of the service.
The selected candidate should have:
- MQF level 6 or higher in human resources, business administration, management, social sciences, psychology or similar.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resource management.
- Strong knowledge of the industry or sector the organisation is operating in.
- Knowledge of the PSMC will be considered as an asset.
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
Work experience and knowledge:
- 5+ years in a similar position.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is the 30th November, 2022.