Stores Manager - Gozo General Hospital
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Full-time Stores Manager to join our dynamic health care team at Gozo General Hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Reporting to and assisting the Director of Procurement and Supply Chain and responsible for the supervision of the procurement and supply chain function at GGH to maximize efficiencies and provide the best service possible to operations at the hospital with due regard to KPIs, cost effectiveness, timeliness, efficiencies, staff development and care for patients.
- Coordination of the procurement team, backup of the procurement management team as required and development of the procurement function.
- Functioning as the “customer service” front for the procurement function. In other words, liaising with the rest of the health care team and “clients”.
- Development of databases/data structures as necessary to ensure that the information gathered from the procurement function can be structured and can serve as a tool throughout the steward entities; this also to serve as a basis for standardization and the exploration of synergies throughout the Hospital.
- Liaison with suppliers as required and negotiation of contracts and other supply agreements, as well as with the store keeping function within the Hospital to ensure that required inputs and data are supplied as requested.
- Ensuring that procurement records and documentation are maintained and reviewing data structures with a view to establishing improved systems.
- Stores management inclusive of:
- Supervision of staff and their work, as well as of stock and storage of goods.
- Development of stores SOPs.
- Management of top level store space distribution.
- Liaison with any main stores, logistics partners, and management to ensure that store efficiency is improved where possible, personnel are liaising between themselves and their supervisors efficiently, and workload is shared where required).
- Responsible for the people management of their team, including employee training and development, and performance management.
- Keeping abreast with relevant changes in standards, best practices and applicable regulations.
- Performing any other duties including in other sites as indicated by the Director Procurement or Company.
The selected candidate should have:
- MQF level 7 or higher in commerce, business enterprise, procurement or similar or 15 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
Work experience and knowledge:
- If applying with MQF Level 7, 5+ years in a procurement, commerce, store manager, purchasing position or similar would be required.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: email@example.com by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is the 30th November, 2022.