Supply Chain Officer - Karin Grech Hospital
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Full time Supply Chain Officer to join our dynamic health care team at Karin Grech Hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing day to day procurement processes to ensure that management objectives vis a vis procurement and supply chain are carried out efficiently and to the ultimate best interest of management.
- Ensuring that the mission statement of Procurement and Supply Chain - “the right product at the right price at the right time to the right person” is embodied in the day-to-day work of the procurement team at the hospital.
- Assisting in communication with suppliers as required.
- Assisting in contract management duties as required.
- Following up warranty issues and giving feedback to suppliers on the quality of service as needed.
- Monitoring and supervising correct use of procurement`s IT systems and data management systems.
- Liaising with any main internal or external warehouse locations in Malta/Gozo and any logistics partners the company may see fit to use.
- Liaising with management and giving inputs on the daily functions of the procurement team at the Hospital to ensure that efficiencies are improved where possible, and that personnel are liaising between themselves and with their respective supervisors efficiently.
- Looking to the current procedures and functions at the Hospital as a base for improvement and continuously seeking ways to improve the stores daily operations.
- Liaising with stores management to implement strategic objectives as desired by management.
- Training staff as required.
- Preserving records and preparing and collating data for related reports.
- Performing any further tasks as may be assigned from time to time by senior management and in line with the exigencies of the service.
The selected candidate should have:
- Preferably an MQF level 4 or higher in business or similar
- Good working knowledge of computer applications, ideally ECDL
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
Work experience and knowledge:
- 3+ years in a similar position.
- Sharing workload where needed and being able to prioritise productivity and flexibility also in relation to working hours and presence on the workplace.
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is the 23rd February, 2023.