Support Clerk - GGH
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Full time Support Clerk reporting directly to the Nursing and Clinical Operations Director to join our dynamic health care team at Gozo General Hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting the functioning of the assigned department based on the specified area (e.g. accounts, human resources, inventory, maintenance, medical lab, pharmacy, data collection, ECG, admin, finance and hospital clerk).
- Performing reception duties (e.g. handling telephone calls, dealing with correspondence and word processing documents, taking minutes during meetings, handling photocopying/fax/scanning machines, ordering of stationary and supplies etc).
- Maintaining updated records (e.g. inputting and maintaining patient and employee data in relevant programs; maintaining records, schedules, files, and rosters; and recording sick-leave, time-off in lieu and leave of employees).
- Compiling data, using spreadsheets and providing accurate information for reporting purposes.
- Liaising with other departments as needed.
- Attending appropriate courses as requested by management for the purpose of lifelong learning.
- Performing any other duties including in other departments as indicated by the Hospital Management or/the Company.
The selected candidate should preferably have:
Education, Work experience and knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- MQF level 4 in administration or similar (related to the relevant specified area) and 2+ years in a similar position would be considered an asset.
- MQF Level 3 passes in 6 subjects including Maltese, English and Mathematics with 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
- MQF Level 3 passes in 3 subjects with 5+ years of experience in a similar position
For further information about the vacancy and how to apply for this position, interested candidates can contact the HR Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the position title in the email subject field.
The closing date for submitting applications for this position is the 16th September, 2022.