Gozo General Hospital
The Gozo General Hospital is the only hospital on the island of Gozo, providing both inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. The hospital is equipped with an emergency service and is connected with hospitals on mainland Malta with an air ambulance service which is based in Gozo.
The main activity is that of a general hospital with a mix of acute care wards. Furthermore, within its grounds there are dedicated geriatric and long term psychiatric wards delivering long term care and mental health care respectively. The hospital also offers diagnostic treatment to both in and out-patients. Its medical care facilities include a hyperbaric unit which is mainly used to manage diving related conditions.
The Gozo General Hospital has a capacity of about 270 beds in total and are categorised as follows:
- 96 beds for the acute wards, namely the Female General Ward, Male General Ward, the General Critical Care Unit/ Coronary Care Unit , Maternity Ward and Paediatric Ward.
- 110 beds include the Male and Female Geriatric Wards
- 62 beds allocated for psychiatry including the Short, Medium and Long Stay Wards.
Gozo General Hospital employs over a thousand people.
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech / Language Therapy
- Hyperbaric Unit
- Nutrition and Dietetics
In-Patient Visiting Hours:
- Mondays to Saturdays: 11:30 - 12.00; 15:30 – 17:30; 19:30 – 20:30.
- Sundays and Public Holidays: 09:00 – 10:00; 15:30 – 17:30; 19:30 – 20:30.
CCU/ITU: 10:30 – 11:00; 16:00 – 17:00; 19:30 – 20:00.
- Parent craft sessions Lectures on various Medical Health issues
- Free Wi-fi in all the hospital building
- Free Parking area outside the hospital
- Various beverages and food machines in different areas of the hospital
Directions: To arrive at Gozo General Hospital, catch bus numbers 301. 303 or 307 and stop at the bus stop named ‘Borg’.
The hospital address is: Archbishop P Pace Street, Victoria VCT 2520
Tel Number: +356 2344 6000
Emergency Number: 112
Customer Care Email: firstname.lastname@example.org